Kroyer04
Kroyer04 asks:
Q:

what can I do? My 3yr. old child might be kicked out of daycare because of her behavior.

About a month ago my 3yr. old granddaughter started getting mad a lot to the point that she is physically violent. She hits, bits, spits. She has been aggressive with other kids too.Today the daycare called and said she had to go home for the day because she chocked one child and pulled another child's hair . She throws tantrums and has become very defiant. We know that she is more aggressive when she's tired. We have also noticed when she gets to excited or over stimulated she shows more aggressive. She say's she is sorry and can tell you what she did wrong but still does it.  
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Please consider asking your pediatrician for a referral to the early intervention team in your county or school district. They should be able to evaluate your child and provide support, if warranted.

0
0

PeaceAnne
PeaceAnne writes:
If your grandchild has been displaying these behaviors it is more than likely that she will be released from the daycare. It is their duty to protect all children and a aggressive child poses a problem. I babysat children, was a live-in nanny and now I'm in the process of opening my own daycare center.
I think the first thing you need to do is re-adjust her bedtime and see if that corrects the behavior. If it does not work then you wait for the behavior to show again then simply tell her it is not acceptable and take her toys away from her and explain to her that she will have to earn them back by being good at home and at the daycare center. This usually works if you actually take all of her toys away and do not give in until she has gone 2 weeks with good behavior. Let her know that toys are a privilege not a right. Good Luck

0
0