mummyov5
mummyov5 asks:
Q:

For 3yrs, my 7yr old son has wanted to be a girl. Anyone been in same situation please?

Hi, my son is now 7 years old, he doesn't dress up in girls clothes, shoes etc, he likes to play with some girly toys mainly when he's playing with his 2 little sisters, but since he was 3 years old he has said he wants to be a girl. I didn't think too much of it as he was so young. Tonight as I tucked him, his 2 brothers and 2 sisters into bed he said to me he wanted to be a girl. I explained to him that he was born a boy and he asked me why? As he should of been born as a girl as he wants to be one, that's why he wanted to grow his hair longer. This may be just a phase he is going through, I just don't know as I don't want to push him into talking about it if he doesn't want to. I am pleased he can talk to me about this as I am trying to support him best way I can. I don't tell him he's being silly because it's the way he feels. I told him if he still feels like this in a few years I will help him anyway I can, as I don't want him to feel he cannot talk or trust me.
Has anyone got any advice please?
In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|

popyooze
popyooze writes:
It depends on how he interacts or what he wants to interact for being a girl.
Opinion: if he just likes girl toys it isn't worth it but if he likes BEING one in general go right ahead.

What I think you should do is test if he is capable of being one try for a year just to be safe.

0
0