Anonymous
Q:

Is 4 year old crying at movies sign of Highly Sensitive Child?

We are trying to figure out if our son has HSC. Many of the signs we have read about points to him being a hyper sensitive child. However, no one has mentioned how these children react to movies so I was curious. Our son has cried at every Disney movie he has ever watched - every single one: Cars, Toy Story, etc, have at least one sad scene. Are we just being bad parents? I would think a 4 year old could watch these types of movies. I am not talking about a sniffle, he completely balls when it comes to a sad scene. Any advice is appreciated.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Special needs

|

He may not be a hypersensitive child rather he may be quite normal.  Your right, Disney movies have had sad scenes since Dumbo.  My recommendation stop going to Disney movies. Try reading books. He is four and there is no hurry for this entertainment.  His reality is that you will always be there and the thought of death or hurt is scary. You are on the right track.

good luck.

1
0