Anonymous
Q:

my 4 year old touched my vagina while i was asleep. i woke up and asked him what he was doing and he said nothing.

my 4 year old touched my vagina while i was asleep. i woke up and asked him what he was doing and he said nothing. i asked him again and he said its to enjoy ,, is that normal? could he have herd it from another child?

|
Wayne Yankus writes:
No it is not normal for a four year old male to have any idea that a vagina exists no less that it is to enjoy.  Check out what older sibs might be watching, or did he see you and your partner in activity?, was he abused?  there is some serious questioning that needs to happen. Then, explain good touch-bad touch, who is allowed and who is not.  don't threaten but remind him of "private" places. If you are comfortable ask at his pre school what they have observed.  Talk with your pediatrician who knows the community.

1
0
jcoburn
jcoburn writes:
I agree with an earlier post that your child should be taught good touch, bad touch. However, usually this means other things are going on in their life such as any recent changes or possibly they may be experiencing this same issue. Always remember that when it comes to your child making sure that this is taken care of right away and how it is approached can affect them the rest of their life. I highly suggest enrolling your child into play therapy or PCIT at a local agency. They work well with the child in determining the cause for this issue. Another reason I highly suggest this is because if they are sexually active at a young age it could possibly lead to needing sexual gratification at a young age as well.
I have attached a brochure I found that is very good at explaining how old a child should be experiencing sexual activities, what is normal, and signs of sexual abuse (just in case). I hope you the best luck and interventions with your child will promote better responses then ignoring the issue.

1
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
i agree with both the previous answers. i would like to add that this is a  serious matter and it should be dealt with immediately to prevent further possible abuse and play therapy is a good way of getting to the facts of why he is doing it.

0
0
WaliPaul
WaliPaul writes:
first reinforce the truth be sure this is what happened, discipline him about the lie, find out where he learned such behavior, usually he'll remain silent or cry, be sure not to loose control or yell stay calm to avoid this reaction from him/her. explain this is not acceptable and can cause him to be in trouble and it is an off limit place and give the exception (ie) a doctor's exam or parent washing him up or wiping etc. if it happens again, you may have a bigger problem. seperat the beds of any siblings if not possible each must have their own blanket.

0
0
SusanPotter
SusanPotter writes:
Not knowing what your moral expectations are for your child I can only say what we have done for our daughter.  She has been told since she was old enough to identify body parts that her sexual organs are private and not to be touched by any adult even her parents; but only if medically needed by a doctor in the presence of a parent.  She should not manipulate her private parts or anothers for pleasure.  She should not touch anyone else's sexual organs as well, penis or vulva.  
By teaching a child the sacredness of these body parts and their purpose for procreation within marriage they see a bigger picture.
If a 4yr old says this to an adult; they haven't been told about proper and improper touching.  He could have heard this from a child or adult.  I hope you can educate him gentle so he will not become a victim of sexual abuse.

0
0