tumata
tumata asks:
Q:

I have a 5 year old who is in kindergarten after evaluation from health nurse who met for 1 hour decided that he has a language capacity of a

2 1/2 year old since we speak another language at home and he uses another language in the kindergarten class (Norwegian). From my point of view he speaks his mother tongue at home fluently and plays well with other kids but when he is in the kindergarten class, he is left all by himself so he doesn't get the chance to communicate with others and can't express himself. Should I be concerned that it's just the language or other things?

In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, My child's growth and development

|

Please feel free to address your concerns with the early intervention team in the school. There are non-verbal assessments and also evaluations which take in to account second language learning.  

0
0