RebeccaRyan77
RebeccaRyan77 asks:
Q:

My 5 year old son will not stop hitting in school and will not let me drop him off in  the mornings...what should I do?

My 5 year old son is going though a lot of behavioral problems and I feel like I've tried just about everything to make him calm down. He was attending a daycare where he was being mistreated and bullied all day and it has really affected him. Now that he's out of the daycare and in kindergarten, he's hitting in the classroom, yelling in the classroom, throwing things and not letting me drop him off. I told him that I will not walk him to his classroom but I will walk him to the front door where all the kids are waiting to go into the school (the principal says that this is a power battle and I need to not baby him and make him be independent). He tells me that he's too scared to walk to his classroom or that I cant drop him off yet because he doesn't have a friend to stand with. I've tried to walk away from him and leave him at school but he just follows me to my car! I don't want to show him attention when he does that but I can't just leave him on the side of the road! Today I had to shut the gate and leave him with a teacher, he was hitting and kicking her. I felt terrible! She told me to leave because he's only doing that to get a reaction from me (I could see him looking at me the whole time). I have the help from my parents, which is awesome and I also have him in therapy to try and find out what the source of the problem is we've made progress but it's still a huge battle. I need discipline advise, please help!
In Topics: Children and stress

|