SZ2009
SZ2009 asks:
Q:

Should my 5 yr old repeat kindergarden?

My 5 year old talkative girl with a lot of imagination, patience, love for art and books is suggested to repeat kindergarden.  Because she is not socially interacting in class with others (playing, doing stuff together but not talking that much) and she is not answering questions when asked in a group.  But with the same kids, she is talking non-stop and playing at play dates and talking to even strangers.  It is very hard for us to make a decision, should let her repeat with a new teacher and new students (the current teacher is moving to grade one with the current students) or should we let her go on and try to build her confidence to speak up in class with the existing friends.  She talks and very independent outside of class.  Also, has no stranger anxiety.  Academically she is doing very well (reads fluently and can write properly and also good at math)  even if she is to repeat, they said, they will give her reading and math on her level, but won't that also isolate her from the rest of the new class?  Please advice.  thanks
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|
Aquarians
Aquarians writes:
If i were you I'd let her go and let her try to build her confidence to speak up in class with her existing friends and tell your 5 year old to talk only to the person she knows not to strangers also tell her to answer questions if she knows the answer

0
0
fastSobh
fastSobh writes:
I don't see any reason why your daughter should repeat kindergarden if she reads fluently and good in math. She also socially good. You can have her evaluated by a psychologist to know why she does not answer the questions when asked in a group.

0
0