cgmarsh
cgmarsh asks:
Q:

My 5 year old won't listen at home, school, or to his grandparents!

I have a sweet little boy who in the last 6 months has turned into a little boy I have a hard time handling. In April 2012 my husband lost his job. We spend weekdays and nights at my parents while my husband looks for work and helps my father at his job then we go home or go to my in-laws on the weekends. My son attends a k4 program at a private Christian school. He started k4 in August and on the first day he and his cousin got a spanking from the principal for pushing and not listening (they were not pushing each other, one little kid was picking on one of them and they both retaliated). Since that day I have had a little boy who doesn't listen to anything I say. Oh, he will say I hear you or yes mam, but goes right back to doing what he wants. We try to talk with him about his actions and that doesn't work. We have tried spanking, that doesn't work. We have yelled until we can't yell anymore, time outs, and rewards for good behavior. Nothing is working especially at school. His teacher says he is a disruption and flat out ignores her and tells her no. I need help. What can I do?
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Sounds like your son's behavior changed suddenly.  Some of  it could be related to the stress you and your family are going through. However, a possible medical reason for a sudden behavioral change should not be ignored.  Talk with your child's regular health care provider as soon as possible.

0
0