Tanyagrace
Tanyagrace asks:
Q:

How do I get my 6 year old to sleep when he says he can see monsters when he closes his eyes?

My son is 6 years old and lately he has been struggling to get to sleep and sometimes he is up most of the night, I ask him what is wrong and he says he can see monsters when he closes his eyes. I'm not sure where he would get this from as we don't allow him to watch stuff on tv that might affect him, he doesn't drink anything but water before bed. I have tried reassuring him that everything is ok but now I am struggling to sleep myself and don't know what to do, can anyone help?
In Topics: Back to school

|
iteachfromheart
iteachfromh... writes:
avoid him to watch any movies or tv program and as well as watch that may be his reading books have this kind of chapters or story.
try to tell him different stories that might convert his diversion during sleep time.
telling him stories will really help you.

0
0
TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
If you would lie down with him, will he fall asleep then? If you kept him up late sitting downstairs with you watching tv, would his head eventually droop and he'd fall asleep?

'Monsters' is a word all children learn - a child doesn't have to see scary movies to think about 'monsters'. Even children's stories and cartoons have 'monsters' in them - Shrek is a kind of monster and it was a movie made for children.

Sometimes even adults don't like to lie back and try to fall asleep at night because in the dark, they start to worry - not about monsters - but about paying the bills, how to get up early and get to work on time, problems at work etc. etc.

I'd try lying down with him and/or keeping him later and after a very busy day- children naturally get tired and if'd happen to fall asleep a few times - like I do at night in front of the tv - he'd 'see' when he closes his eyes when he's really tired, it's just sleep that comes to his eyes, no monsters.

Another idea might be to leave a light on in his room or get a few small night lights to plug in his room. Or play a CD softly with songs that he likes.

0
0
ASloane700
ASloane700 , Parent, Teacher writes:
This may sound crazy but here's what I did with one of my children:  Get a spray bottle and fill it with water.  Put a few drops of food coloring inside the bottle, any color that you want.  Write down on the outside of the bottle, MONSTER KILLER and each night before he goes to bed, both of you spray the room and also, you leave the bottle inside the room for him to have and tell him that if he wakes up at night, he must spray the monster killer spray again to make the monster go away.  This is what I used and make sure he also has a buddy to sleep with as well.  My son did this for a few nights and within a few days there were no more monsters...a night light may help as well but the spray did the trick for me 4 times...my first daughter didn't have monsters to kill!

0
0
TasnuvaTabassum
TasnuvaTaba... , Student writes:
I think your son in his childhood, saw any thing about monster or anyone told him about it to make him frighten. So I think u have to monitor that who try to frighten him. You also have to delete all the pic or cd of monster from your computer and your home.Take him to a doctor.

0
0