Shantilly
Shantilly asks:
Q:

My 6 year old won't settle at bedtime??

I have a 6 year old son who has never been an easy one to settle or much of a sleeper, I would like to know how to get him to sleep at bedtime,he is up out of bed every 2 min at least 5-6 times,takes about an hour to settle. This is after a bath a story and a very busy day. He insists on us leaving the light on and asks about 10 times if he'll have enough sleep,how many hours is it until morning,have I locked everything and then he starts on his nose is blocked,his eyes are sticking together etc I reassure him all the time,tuck him back in each time kiss him tell him he's safe and has enough sleep,he is a very easy going child and I have already approched his teacher to find out if she thought there was something at school or if she thought he was an axious child and her responce was not at all and acctually the opposite.
Not sure what has brought this on and what to do.

Please help!
In Topics: Sleep and rest

|

re-assess your bedtime routine.  Although the  bath, story and bedtime might be fine, are you settled and fine?  If a parent is "just trying to get it done" the child will sense the hurry in your voice. Be firm and reassuring. Just don't over do it and watch what he hears and sees on the news or TV. Have a "ticket" or "pass" system.  he gets two passes at bedtime for your attention or appearance. Once used, he has to stay in bed.  Lights on or off doesn't matter but room temp and shading the light will help.

Best

0
0