GrammaM
GrammaM asks:
Q:

7 yr old grand daughter has suddenly gone ballistic. She throws tantrums when taken to school, and when ever she does not get her way about anything.

This change started this school year. She is smart,no problems with school work. Nothing has changed at home. Has to be physically dragged from car to class, kicking and screaming. Once in class, she varies between doing some work, to sitting in corner and doing nothing. She was bullied most of last year and nothing was done about it by the school. This child used to be sweet and fun to be with. Now, even at home she throws tantrums if she does not get her way about anything. She goes to bed at 8:30PM. But does not fall asleep until wee hours of the morning. If left, she will sleep 12 to 15 hours. Her mother and older sister are at wits end trying to understand what has happened. There is no dad in the picture. The household situation has not changed and there are no men in the picture.
I am seeking help as I do not believe this is ADHD or any other set of letters. I am worried that if this continues, she will cause her mother to be in trouble with the law. It is breaking my heart. I can not take over her care, (to see if a change of scenery would help matters), as I care for my 89 year old mother.
I feel she should have a physical, to rule out any medical issues, also possibly get counselling.
If I am missing any obvious causes, I welcome comments.
Thank you,
Gramma M
In Topics: Back to school

|