sunmi00
sunmi00 asks:
Q:

How can I help my 8 3/4 year old avoid late work?

She's 8 3/4 and gets angry at her Grade 4 teacher when her late work is marked down 10%. The thing, she successfully finished third grade, but has a problem with the late work policy [late work is marked down 10% per day it is late, and will not be accepted after 5 days!].
I TRY to tell her she's a big girl and needs to turn in her work on time [BTW she will be 9 on January 25!]
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|
sunmi00
sunmi00 writes:
She's 8 3/4--she's this close to being 9 years old.
This is not the time for a 9-year-old to stamp her feet when her late work is marked down at all.
As soon as she gets home from school, she should do homework immediately.
If she stamps her feet over late work [make sure YOU know about this, and don't let her get away with lying], she should stand in a corner for 8 minutes and 30 seconds. [If she does this when she turns 9 on January 25, she should get 9 minutes]. Time-out should last for 1 minute per year of age, so an 8 3/4 year old gets 8 minutes and 30 seconds, with a 9 year old getting 9 minutes.

0
0
sunmi00
sunmi00 writes:
get her to do homework
tell her consequences for late work are for life [SHE'S GONNA BE NINE ON JANUARY 25! She's this close to being 9 years old!]

0
0