oeljay43
oeljay43 asks:
Q:

My 8 year old son is being bullied by our next door neighbors. Today the 10 year old punched my son in the face. The kids ages range from 10 to 15.

What should I do?
In Topics: Physical Health, Bullying and teasing

|

go immediately to your neighbor--parent to parent and explain what happened to your son. Be clear that you will not tolerate violence such as assault on your son and that if it continues you will report it to the police if you have not already done so.

If you have had good relations with your neighbors, have a two family meeting including their son and yours. Do your best to have your son understand that he cannot play around the older boys and should go back inside if they are out or go to the present adult so he can continue to play. Also, the older neighbor boy needs to understand his actions could wind him up in juvenile court. Both sides need to get to the root of the problem soon. Many states have anti bullying laws that apply outside of school as well.

Don't let this one drop.

8
0