Jiniyjose
Jiniyjose asks:
Q:

My 8 yr old daughter is being bullied and threatened to be killed; yet she is the one punished.

My 8yr old since the beginning of the school year she has had problems with a boy on and off but now it's to the point where she was playing with her milk and spills some on this boy's chips. He bangs her head against the table and said if you didn't kill yourself I'm going to kill you. The reason he said this is because we had many meetings with the counselors and one with the dad and we sent the boy out to the hallway and I said my baby is severely depressed and imagines if she jumps off a cliff everything would be better. I said it to the father to show him this is serious so he must of told his son and this kid is still in school enjoying all privileges and my daughter is the one paying. She gets no lunch recess so she won't have a problem also St Joesph Hospital was called for the boy crisis unit and supposedly they determined there was no need for them to come so I went over their heads to BOE and they said gave them 10 school days so they can get back to this kid is still in the class with my daughter so I called Governor Christie's office, police report, went back to school the response was that the issue was resolved so since I called all these places the principal said to me today 5 days later even though it was resolved the they are making a bullying report for my daughter and the boy because he said he would kill her and to her for spilling milk in his chips. The vice principal said that my daughter would be removed from class because she is the aggressor not right at
In Topics: School safety (not bullying), Bullying and teasing

|
Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
You should report that! Suicide is NOT a joke!

1
0
ma_teacher
ma_teacher writes:
Consider getting your daughter in to see a child psychologist first of all to help address her depression. You should also contact the school superintendent if nothing is being done internally with the school administration. Send everything to the school in writing and keep written records. Continue to give your girl your support, which she needs. You may want to consider a private or charter school alternative if this continues to go unaddressed. It may be helpful to volunteer at your child's school to, to talk to to PTO, or contact your school board. If nothing else works, write to the state and federal department of education about this concern. Be as specific as possible and don't wait to find help for your child!

0
0
AntibullyingAdvocate
Antibullyin... writes:
First, get help for your child immediately for risk of suicide. Hotline, pastor, hospital, crisis center, to address these feelings your child is having. Speakers, email, call, school committee, school board to assist with this issue. Also, there are anti-bullying laws in place, ask the school for their policy regarding this and see if there is an anti-bullying hotline.
Talk to your child. Teach her how to advocate for herself and try to build her self esteem. Have her go to the school office if her life is threatened and you can file a report with the police department.

0
0
GeraldineCharles
GeraldineCh... writes:
Wow you sure have your hands full. I am sorry to hear what your daughter is being put through. I know you may hate to go to extremes because it's children involved, but you may have to consider going to the local juvenile prosecutor and filing charges on this boy. Threatening to do bodily harm and/or killing someone is touristic threats.

0
0