stressedmom
stressedmom asks:
Q:

My 9 year old daughter lies and steals. How can I put an end to this?

My daughter will steal money and anything else that she feels she needs.  When she is caught or confronted she will spit out lie after lie to keep from being in trouble.  When asked why she does these things her answer is always "I don't know."  When confronted about our newest incident, she proceeds to tell me that she has a DARK side and a GOOD side, and sometimes the DARK side takes over.  

|

Sounds like your daughter should be evaluated by a pediatric therapist.  Getting help as quickly as possible will prevent your daughter's kleptomania from getting out of hand.  Ask her regular health care provider for a recommendation of a pediatric therapist in your area.

0
1

annalease
annalease writes:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to this but I can relate to the worry it brings. My 9 year old daughter has been stealing since she was 5. It started by taking a toy from another child at school and has progressed to stealing from shops and family members which is always money. She also has no idea why she does it and there's no mention of a dark or light side. It's so frustrating and we have started to blame ourselves thinking maybe she feels left out being the eldest of four although we try very hard not to leave her out.

0
0