evansmomma29
evansmomma29 asks:
Q:

my 9 yr old is out of control

my 9 yr old we were told had adhd since he was 4. he was on meds for it for a while but nothing worked. he had a psych eval done and they said he doesn't have adhd. he has generalized anxiety and depression and behavior issues. he talks all the time, interrupts everyone, refuses to do his work at school or do chores, is always running, talks back, wont sit still at school, picks fights with his younger siblings and will not follow any kind of direction. I'm at a lose. i cant afford to always take him to therapy. hes failing school. i don't know what else to do. hes even physically hurt his brother and tried to catch our house on fire cause he was mad. what do i do?
In Topics: School and Academics, My child's growth and development, Parenting / Our Family

|

Hello and thank you for writing-

I am so very sorry to hear about the serious challenges that you are experiencing.  If your afraid of safety issues with your child and those in your home, please connect with your pediatrician, school officials (School Psychologist or Counselor) or call for emergency assistance.  

Children who use fire as a tool to express anger should be taken seriously.  Please do not delay and sorry for my delay in answering your questions.

0
0
Anonymous