Lavas
Lavas asks:
Q:

How to get my 9yr old to stay in her own bed through the night.

I am a single mom, and my 9 yr old has always somehow gotten to sleep with me. She falls asleep no problem in her own bed, but then at whatever time gets up and comes into my bed. Because she doesn't wake me up, I don't even realize she's there until almost morning. I have tried to talk to her and she says she'll try but same thing the next night. Help!!!
Member Added on Sep 7, 2013
She also, I believe sleep walks as she says she doesn't remember sometimes coming into my bed at all throughout the night

|

This has become a habit for your daughter, and you need to work on breaking the habit.

You might try and set up a reward system for your daughter. For each night that she stays in her own bed she will earn a sticker, and after so many stickers she will earn a small prize.

In the beginning it might only be one or two stickers and then she will earn a small reward. Then stretch the amount of stickers that she needs to earn the reward.

The prize doesn't have to cost any money. It might be that she gets to pick what's for dinner that night or she gets to stay up a few extra minutes on the weekend. Maybe she gets to pick a family movie to watch together.

Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000

0
0

graceh5
graceh5 writes:
You can tell her if she stays in her own bed she will get a treat. Also, try shutting her door.

0
0
amees
amees writes:
My son who is 7 years old does the same every night. When questioned in the morning he says he saw a bad dream and got frightened. I think we as parents should talk calmly and make the child understand the importance of sleeping on their own bed. In m case I've asked him not to watch cartoons that make him afraid. Talk to your daughter about this and find out the reason that could have made her wake up.

0
0
Arma786
Arma786 , Student writes:
you can ask a psychiatric for help in this case.. they could have the solution for this sleepwalking.. :) hope this helped you

0
0