Lavas
Lavas asks:
Q:

How to get my 9yr old to stay in her own bed through the night.

I am a single mom, and my 9 yr old has always somehow gotten to sleep with me. She falls asleep no problem in her own bed, but then at whatever time gets up and comes into my bed. Because she doesn't wake me up, I don't even realize she's there until almost morning. I have tried to talk to her and she says she'll try but same thing the next night. Help!!!
Member Added on Sep 7, 2013
She also, I believe sleep walks as she says she doesn't remember sometimes coming into my bed at all throughout the night

|

This has become a habit for your daughter, and you need to work on breaking the habit.

You might try and set up a reward system for your daughter. For each night that she stays in her own bed she will earn a sticker, and after so many stickers she will earn a small prize.

In the beginning it might only be one or two stickers and then she will earn a small reward. Then stretch the amount of stickers that she needs to earn the reward.

The prize doesn't have to cost any money. It might be that she gets to pick what's for dinner that night or she gets to stay up a few extra minutes on the weekend. Maybe she gets to pick a family movie to watch together.

Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000

0
0