normap:)
normap:) asks:
Q:

What should I do?

Last night I found my 11year old daughter hurting her self....by cutting her arm... I'm very surprised and scared of her actions, she's always happy her school grades have been straight A's,,she's in dance classes, she's always looking for something to do my husband and I have always supported her . I screamed at her I ask her why she was doing it,she said because one of her school friend does it and  told her to do it and she will be a cool girl!!! I told her that her trying to show her NOT true friend that she was cool she was willing to betrayed her family trust... I told her that she needs help and that I was going to report this to the cop's and that they are going to take her and place her in a mental hospital...but I didn't ...I deleted her instergram account and told her that she will have to earn the trust again..   We are scared that it may get worse ,my husband and I where very scared to send her to her room so we put a rolling bed in our bedroom for her to sleep in...my husband wants me to cancel her dance classes and her upcoming dance performances I'm scare and worry that by us doing this, things may get worse.                        

A couple of days ago my daughter told that one of her was doing it because she was having a lot of personal family problem...not sure what's the true.... What should I do ,how can I help her??
Member Added on May 17, 2014
I don't want this to get worse
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Parenting / Our Family, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and so sorry to hear about your daughter's self abusive behaviors. This is a strong cry for help-- please consider seeking local assistance via the school guidance counselor, school psychologist, your physician or local emergency hotline for teens.

Best wishes.

0
0
Anonymous