hamse
hamse asks:
Q:

Accelerated Reader?

In Topics: Recommended Books

|
jmamable
jmamable , Caregiver writes:
Hi hamse,

I'm not totally sure what you're asking here, and I'd love some clarificatin so I could help? My school was involved in the Accelerated Reader program (a number of years ago!) and I seem to remember it being a slightly higher-tech version of the old Silent, Sustained Reading period, with the chance to move up or down in "levels" and a computerized test at the end of every book.

1
0
Hi hamse,

To add a little detail to the previous answer you received, The Accelerated Reader Program is a supplementary reading program that involves both close contact with the teacher through recommended best practices, as well as the Accelerated Reader software. Students take quizzes based on what they've read, and the program provides feedback and recommendations for students and teachers.

The What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) claims that the program works very well for improving general reading achievement, and less well for reading comprehension and fluency.

Hope this information helps!

Alex

0
0