Awesome_Sauce432
Awesome_Sau... asks:
Q:

I think I might have ADHD, but I don't know how to tell my parents

So I'm 14. I'm in Grade 9, and I've always been a good student. But then it just seemed to go downhill. I couldn't pay attention in class anymore. I space out, and I've become very blunt and to the point when I used to be really descriptive. All my teachers say I need to put in more depth, and pay more attention, but I can't. Now we're doing a mental health unit in school, and seeing all the symptoms, and how so many of them fit me is scary.

I'd tell my parents, but my twin brother has Aspergers, and I don't think they want another kid with a disorder. Also, my mum is a really, really 'positive thoughts make everything better' sort of person, and when I tried to casually hint that I might have ADHD, she immediately said 'You don't, so don't worry about it'. I'm worried she'll shut me down if I confront her directly. I just don't know what to do. I want my grades to get back up, but I'm just having so much trouble.
In Topics: Learning disabilities, ADHD & attention issues

|