beebeec
beebeec asks:
Q:

what can i do if an adult friend of mine bullied my child intentionally

A used to be friend of mine always threatened me to tell my son personal things about us and show him pictures of us if i didnt do what he asked me to like lend him money. He recently went off the deep end and drove to my house because he was mad at me due to the fact that i was embarrassing him because he owed me money. He came over and just walked in went to his room opened his door and told him he slept with his mom in her bed go cry now you baby your mom is mad at me because I don't have sex with her do you hear me boy now go cry you cry baby. He pushed me around and I had to call the police on him. He broke my phone when he realized I was calling the police and the police didn't put the proper information on the police report nor his name. My son is horrified due to what the man was telling him to his face.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Bullying and teasing

|

This certainly could be very scary for any child. We hope that this man is no longer part of your life or has access to your son. For your safety and the safety of your son, we would make sure that there is no longer contact of any kind.

If your son needs to talk about what happened allow this. If you have some other adult that your son does like to talk with about this kind of stuff, talk to that adult and fill them in first then let your son do the talking. Allow him to express how it made him feel, what he is concerned about and how he is coping with it today.

If you feel he needs professional help, you could contact his pediatrician and find a referral for a therapist. He may just need to talk with someone a few times to talk through this issue and learn how to cope with the feelings he is currently experiencing.

Always keep your door open for conversation. If you don't know the answer to his questions, that is okay. You can call us anytime. We are happy to help.

Our crisis counselors are available 24/7. We hope what we have shared is helpful. We are available anytime at 1-800-448-3000.

NS, counselor

0
0