chocolatecake
chocolatecake asks:
Q:

are there adults with non verbal learning disorder who are independent and successful?

My daughter is 27 years old and still living at home receiving SSI.  She has been diagnosed with Turner Syndrome and NVLD.  She is unable to get a degree due to math requirements, and unable to find full time employment.  She also is unable to maintain friendships.  She doesn't understand why she cannot be successful and is becoming frustrated and unhappy.
In Topics: Learning disabilities, Nonverbal learning disorder

|

I would imagine that this is quite frustrating for your family members.  Perhaps vocational or career counseling via the local community college would be warranted.  

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
The recession is getting better - there are signs around here asking for people to apply for jobs. I saw several in Petsmart - I think that's a national chain.
Do you have a NVLD support group in your area - punch it into google and maybe see if you can find one. Other parents of children with NVLD might be able to give you good advice and she might be able to find friends through the support group.

0
0