taram504
taram504 asks:
Q:

I'm afraid my daughter's toys caused her positive lead test.  How do I get rid of them?

TODAY MY 1 YEAR GOT HER BLOOD TEST BACK ON LEAD..AND INDEED SHE DOES HAVE IT IN HER BLOOD...THEY ARE RUNNING MORE TEST....I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE LIST OF TOYS...ALMOST EVERYTHING AND EVERY TOY BOTH MY GIRLS HAVE ARE MADE IN CHINA , JUST A FEW ARE FROM MEXICO, WHAT DO I DO GET RID OF ALL THE TOYS?
In Topics: Toy safety

|
SarahRubar
SarahRubar writes:
Wow, Tara, that's scarey! I think that me personally, I'd check with any safe lists and recall lists for toys and get rid of any toy not on the list, even if it meant getting rid of most of them.  That's just me, though.

Sarah

0
0
fritzr
fritzr writes:
Check out the toy recall list here on education.com: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_All_Toy_Hazard/

That will give you a very good idea of what you can keep and what you should dump.

0
0
earl
earl writes:
Lead poision is a serious condition because it can lead to brain damage it it continues.
  1.  Never serve an acid drink (orange juice) in a clay mug because it may contain lead.  Some baking pots are made of clay and need to be thrown away.
  2.  Some glazes on ceramic cups contain lead.
  3.  Look for metal that snaps to break easily because that is more likely to contain lead, especially in jewelry.  
  4.  Purchase a magnet (refigerator ornament) and try to stick it to metal toys.  If it sticks, throw the toy away.
  5.  Hire a professional to find the lead in your home.  It may be in the wall paint or other house paint.
  6.  If necessary throw away all metal toys or jewelry, all ceramic eating containers, all ceramic cooking containers, all paint, and get rid of anything containing lead.  Do this without delay.

0
0