Charlies
Charlies asks:
Q:

Does anyone else agree that plant growth is decreased when a plant germinates and grows on a turntable spinning at 33 rpm?

When I carried out this experiment recently I grew 3 super sugar snap pea plants on the turntable and 3 not on a turntable. All plants were separately  potted and under a fluorescent strip light overhead.

I measured each plant daily and recorded the results over a sixteen day period. I watered the plants evenly each day.

I measured stem growth vertically above soil level & total stem length.

I measured the root system at the end of the experiment. I measured the largest root stem length & the horizontal and vertical component growth ranges.

In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

Is that the result that you found from your data? You say you measured growth in length, both above and below ground, but you don't say you measured plant mass. I'd think the latter would be a more meaningful measure of the effect than the length. Otherwise it seems you controlled and manipulated the relevant variables in your procedure.

0
0