arpit
arpit asks:
Q:

Is there an alternate transport facility ( cars or mini vans) for drop and pick up from apartment for school children in Hartford, CT.

We have come to live in Ellington, CT from India. Our kids have been admitted in a school in this area. The problem we are facing is with the transportation. Though the school provides a school bus, the bus stop is very far from our apartment(its situated in a private property) for the kids to walk.I do not have a car & my husbands work place is very far; my younger kid is 6 years old. The weather conditions at times makes it difficult to walk to and from the bus stop. I would appreciate if some one could help me out with any information of transport facility where the kids could be picked and dropped from our apartment.
In Topics: Back to school

|
shradha.agr
shradha.agr writes:
If you have a elder son then you can buy him a cycle .He will learn fast and he could make the younger brother sit at the back seat ,so it will be very comfortable .

1
1
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're in this bind with getting your children to their bus stop, and by extension, to their school.

Here are a few potential solutions you might consider...

1.) Arrange a ride for your children with another parent at the school -- perhaps one of your new neighbors also has children at the same school and would be willing to drop your children at the bus stop with his/her children. You might also offer to pitch in for the gas expense, or offer to babysit in trade for the ride.

2.) Hire a helper (nanny, housecleaner, tutor, etc.) with a driver's license to shuttle your kids to and from the bus stop in the morning and afternoon.

3.) Arrange with a cab company to have your children transported each day to and from the bus stop -- negotiate a monthly package rate (vs. the metered rate).

4.) Arrange with a child transport company to either transport the kids to the bus stop or directly to school. In our area (in Northern California), there are a handful of nonprofits that do this for a relatively small fee. You might contact Safe Kids Connecticut to see if they have a local company to recommend: http://www.ctsafekids.org/carseat_info.htm

5.) Talk to the school about before school care. Perhaps your husband could drop the kids at the before school care facility when he goes to work. Another option would be a nanny or child care center near the school that could take the kids to school.

Good luck - I hope you find the best solution for your family as soon as possible before school starts.

0
0