Morgan_Way
Morgan_Way asks:
Q:

How to approach the guy I'm crushing on, even though I have anxiety.

I see him often, & he always acknowledges me. I really want to talk to him, but my anxiety prevents me from doing so. I just want to get to know him better, but I don't know to do it. We did go to elementary school together & talked often, but he's a year older, & I doubt he remembers. Any tips, suggestions? Thanks anyways! xoxo
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Some of the best relationships start out with a good friendship. Think about what you would talk about with a friend. If you just met it would probably be more surface things like talking about a current event, something happening in town, or about a  mutual friend. As you get closer the conversations might become more personal. It might help you to be more comfortable starting a conversation with him if you tell yourself, "Hey he is just an old friend." A great conversation starter for you might be something to do with your grade school. That is something you have in common.

If you are nervous to approach him, then practice at home. It sounds silly, but people of all ages do this. If you struggle with anxiety anyways, then actually say it out loud. You'll become more comfortable as you hear yourself speak. People like others who make them feel good about themselves, so another conversation starter might be giving him a compliment. Make it genuine though. You might comment on something he did recently or the shoes he is wearing or whatever it is that appeals to you.  Once you break the ice, the hardest part is over. :)

Laura - Crisis Counselor
0
0