Proudofmygirl
Proudofmygirl asks:
Q:

Not sure how to approach this or who to speak with.

My biggest concern is I don't want to make things any worse or peg my daughter as a trouble maker.  My moms bear instinct is to deal with it straight on and speak to the teacher of my concerns.  However,  I fear that will only make things worse for my daughter.  I have complete trust in my daughter and this far all her previous teachers absolutely adore her.  Always has been an exemplary student.  We recently moved from az to va. I wouldn't say that this problem is due to her adapting to the move because I wouldn't call this her first rodeo.  With my husband being a veteran we have changed her from public schools a few times.  Besides I stand firm with the idea that no one knows your child better than their own parents.  My daughter and I have a great relationship together.  My point being I believe my child when she tells me this is what happened mom.  Ok now for the issue:

My daughter came home one day and said "mom I think the teacher doesn't like me."  

Obviously,  I asked her why she thought this.  Now to make a long story short.  She has no hard facts.  I know it's only her words against a credited "adult" teacher.  

Now I'm not gonna lie and say that my daughter has never lied.  But I will say I am willing to hear the teacher out.  I am fully aware that teachers don't get the credit they deserve.  Rather the respect they use to get.  So with that said.  I do have the sense to give teachers the respect and credit where and when it is warranted.  Continued....

|
Proudofmygirl
Proudofmygirl writes:
My suggestion to my daughter was to learn to deal with it.  Not in those harsh words.  Basically that there will always be someone to whom you won't be compatible with. But that we have to learn to get past that and be able to find a way to work with them without it affecting your person.  I said so much more to help boost her confidence and help better explain the situation.  Anyhow,  we had already had our parent teacher conference and as far as her teacher everything was looking great.  As far as her grades were concerned and her keeping up with the class.  A month went by her grades came in and per my opinion and my husbands her grades changed.  Not dramatically but not as great as they were when we had the conference.  Now my concern is that why is it that we were not notified of her grades slipping?  Why did I have to wait for her report card to find that there was an issue.  Especially when we made it very clear to her teacher that we like to be informed if there is a slip or issue that needs to be addressed.  We absolutely asked her if jayden was keeping up and staying on task and if she(teacher ). Has anything she was concerned about with our daughter she said no.  That she was doing great.  However, in her report card comment she suggested we work on her math and reading.  I have addressed a few other things with her that have come up before all of this but I can't help to think she may have a personal issue with my daughter. Mostly because she always seems to dismiss my concern with a witty answer and for some reason always is more in a hurry to speak to other parents.  Which really just seems to be more social chats rather than real concerns.

So again my fear is I don't want to be the pesky parent whose looking for problems where there is none.  I don't want to cry wolf but I feel stuck.  Frustrated that I can't make this situation any better for my daughter and that I will brand my family trouble makers.  It's a small public school with a close knit staff.  As well as a very close knit PTA.  Oh I did try to volunteer for her class but she procrastinated getting back to me for nearly two weeks.  Saw her at a back to school event reminded her and again she said she would get back to me another week went by.  So I went to the office asked to get a school volunteer sheet.  The office person said he didn't have any at hand so that he would send it through the teacher.  Which he did but I also got a note from her teacher stating she didn't need any volunteers and that she didn't have anything for me to do for her.  And that was that.  After that my daughter came home one night and said that she asked to go to the nurse cuz her thumb was stinging cuz she was playing with sap during recess.  And her teacher just told her that she needs to learn to live with it.

0
0
I'makidbutcanhelp
I'makidbutc... writes:
alot of teachers pick w/ certain kids same thing that happen to me my teacher didn't like me for having my own lunch at school he address that problem to me maybe he'shearing different things from other girls thats jealous i don't have alot of advice but thats what happen to me

~2014

0
0