diamae
diamae asks:
Q:

Asperger tall teenage boy is THE BULLY to all ages elderlyetc NOT!the bullied.His single parent mom has alcohol problem &probable similar issues?HELP!

The neighborhood is in denial and skirts around this issue some of us are grateful he has at leat been diagnosed.
The local grocery store has observed him hiting and bullying his mom in the store if she does not buy what he wants. She well possibly probably has some seriuos issues of her own or at least it appears that way from off and on alcohol problem to denial to lack of control and even more sad is some of the ADULT??? neighbors like to motivate him to cause or instigate problems and of course they just walk away with a "I dont really know that kid"  This happens to be in a MAJOR money oriented area with expensive homes  that even the police are afraid to enforce because of the  "not my kid" "who do you think you are" attitude of many many many of the parents.
    Ive read some Temple Grander on autism and am starting jodi piccoults  "house Rules" advised to me by a special ed teacher I respect very much.

How to protect oneself from this is paramount!

THANK YOU  for this place to ask for  ideas and HELP!
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Discipline and behavior challenges

|