Anonymous asks:

What is the best way to assess the true education level of an adult who wants to go to college?

I've been asked to tutor an adult who wants to attend college.  He graduated high school, but he says he was just passed through.  What would be the best way to determine what grade level(s) he's really at?  Thanks for your time.  
In Topics: School and Academics, Getting ready for college, Learning disabilities
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

ronald writes:
Great question. There are numerous assessment instruments, but my favorite is the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education). You can use their test, and they even provide review materials that might be a good way to get started. The publisher is CTB McGraw Hill. Please note link below:

Do come back to Just Ask and share what you learn so that others can benefit. For additional resources, check with your local Adult Education program. Usually the local school district will have contact information for Adult Education programs.


Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely