MNSIGONDA
MNSIGONDA asks:
Q:

Assisting my son to study

How can I assist my Grade 8 son who is struggling with learning: getting his work organised, following instructions in class, managing his homeworks
In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

Students who are in their teen years often become distracted when needing to set aside time for homework completion.  Try these simple steps as perhaps ways for organizing your son:

1- Have him work in small increments of time undistracted. This means the cell phone is OFF.

2. A planner to write his required assignments and a calendar at home for activities, should keep all of you on track.  Use of different colors for different subjects may help with visual organization.

3. Consider having him write and record (via cell phone or perhaps an audio recorder, if permitted in class) his lessons or assignments.

4. Keep the lines of communication open between teacher- parent and student!

Here is a video by Dr. Lynne Kenney which also may help to enhance organization for homework completion: http://www.lynnekenney.com/2011/08/whats-in-your-at-home-homework-center/

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0
Anonymous