Anonymous
Q:

How to help astigmatism child to write fast

Hi, I have a son age 7 years and he has astigmatism. I was told by my eye doctor that his astigmatism is very high: 400++ and he is wearing eye glasses. My concern is he writes very slow in his class and having tough time completing his classwork on time. Is this due to his astigmatism or any other problems that I am not aware of? Appreciate your advise on this... thank you
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs

|

katiekenig
katiekenig writes:
I have an astigmatism that is fairly secure as well, but learned to read and write early.  If his vision has been corrected, it's unlikely that it is the astigmatism itself that is causing the problem, however vision problems are related pretty strongly to visual processing disorders - the latter can develop from the former!  The types of processing disorders vary but several could cause issues with learning to write.  I'd suggest having him tested for visual processing disorders, or take a look at the different types and what you might do to alleviate them.

0
0