denisecoco12
denisecoco12 asks:
Q:

What exactly does "Audio Learning" mean? Is it nornmal for a four year old girl, who has never gone to preschool, to still not understand her pronunci

Is it normal for a four year old girl, who has never gone to preschool, to still not be able to understand her pronunciation of words and no sentence structure at all? I feel bad because I have to always ask her to repeat what she said and certain words it will take me 3-4 times before I understand the word. She seems to get alittle fustrated to.
In Topics: Learning disabilities, Speech and language issues, Nonverbal learning disorder

|

It seems that your daughter may have auditory difficulties.  Perhaps asking the local school early intervention team or your family physician to test her hearing and auditory abilities, may be a good first step.  You may connect with the school district by going to your local board office.

The school teams also can evaluate her skills as compared to other children her age, if these assessments seem warranted.

Thank you for writing-

Louise Sattler, NCSP

0
0
Anonymous