jacksoncampbell3
jacksoncamp... asks:
Q:

Can I authorize the Principal andor any other adults to NOT speak with my child about incident involving another student an teacher without me present

My daughter was a witness to a teacher pushing and shoving a student and now they are both being condemned for it.  This has been reported to the police by the students parents.  However due to "conflicting" stories that have been re-made by the principal (yes the principal did change my childs story to the police because he questioned her in private when I was supposed to be present and made up a totally different story) nothing is being done.  Yes, a teacher is bullying and nobody cares.  The public school system is corrupt.  Yes, surprising huh?  In any case I do not want my child talking to the principal/superintendent/teacher and/or anyone else in that school district about this subject unless I am present.  Is this a legal request I have seeing as my child is a minor and I am their parent?  Thanks.

|

CT419
CT419 writes:
You need to check your school districts board policy on questioning students. It is different for every state and school district. You want to search e.g. STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INTERROGATIONS AND SEARCHES. There are normally legal and local versions make sure you read both. Most of the districts in my area the policy can be found online on the district site.

0
0