krystine2
krystine2 asks:
Q:

My brother has Down syndrome and is about to enter high school? It's between Don Lugo, Ayala, and Chino High.

anybody have any input or know anything about any of the three schools?
I dont want him in a class where they babysit i want him to be learning as much as possible. A teacher that has time to work with him and his special needs?
In Topics: School and Academics, Choosing a school, Special needs

|

Hi Krystine,

Thanks for using JustAsk!

I think it's wonderful that you are working so hard to help your brother out! I suggest that you start by exploring a little more about the schools online. Our site contains a School Finder feature that allows you to review information such as overviews of particular schools, community reviews, information about teachers, and test scores. Find the school's pages by individually typing in each school's name, zip code, district, or city & state to this page: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

Once you have the options narrowed down, you (or a parent) may want to visit the schools to talk to school administrators or specialists about your brother, and the different programs they have to offer.

1
0
Anonymous