Hope0919
Hope0919 asks:
Q:

Is this bullying because the school says it's not

As a parent I feel your pain. 2 years ago our daughter was targeted from this 1 girl who ended taking all my daughters friends away from her. At lunch time she would tell my daughter to move when she was eating lunch and my daughter would tell her "no".  Then this girl would make evil faces at her in classes. As the weeks went on this girl got worse and our daughter told us everything at this point my husband and I went to meet with the vice principal and he assured us this would be taken care of. As weeks went on, this girl continued to whisper, stare down my daughter, and laugh at her with her group of friends.  Now our daughter was eating alone every day. Our daughter had enough one day in class and said something to her teacher. So the teacher pulled my daughter and the bulkier out of class into the hall. The teacher says to my daughter that she's being sensitive and you are just looking for it. My husband and I were so upset when our daughter got off the bus that day crying as she cried all day in school. I immediately called the principal who had no idea what was going on. I demanded a meeting with the superintendent and we were not sending her back to school until we had a meeting. The next day we met including our daughter who told her story. The school counselor says to us that girls will be girls and that's all.  My husband said this matter better be taken care of or we will pursue this. At this point, they moved the girl to the other side of the classroom where the
Member Added on Dec 29, 2013
 they had no eye contact. My husband and I were so upset over this incident and how the teacher handled this as well as the principal not being informed about what was going on. We were not happy with the schools outcome as the school counselor would interrogate  our daughter on our careers and how many hours we worked in a day and so on. Also the bully's mother worked in the school system. The school was and is to this day protecting their own.  My daughter no longer goes to the school and school choices out. However things have been better until recently. Our daughter has been going to the basketball games to watch our son play ball. This girl has been there with her girls and starting all over again with the whispering, glares, and laughing at her. I have witnessed it as well as another mother. Then the other day my daughter was asked to sing the national anthem at that school so my daughter said she would do it but hesitated cuz she knew this bully and her friends would be there. As our daughter walked out this bully spotted her and got her friends and started doing the usual carp she does. Well they didn't relieve I was standing right behind and it killed me to hear and to see their body reactions to what they were doing during the singing the national anthem. Saying she sucked and oh here it comes as they shrug their shoulders laughing. I had enough and said to the bully do you have a problem and she denied everything just like her friends. I said I've had enough and th
Member Added on Dec 29, 2013
s better stop. She's like we aren't doing anything. I told her I was standing right behind you and heard and say everything!!! I'm so done with with girl and the hurt she has caused our family as well as the school for not supporting our daughter who was and is a straight A student and won the Bullying campaign at that school in 4th grade. This girl came to this school and took everything away from our daughter. Last year when our daughter went to another school that we have to provide transportation for, this girl went to a few boys stating that they need to pick who they were going to be friends with, our daughter or her. Our daughter doesn't go to this school anymore and this is still happening on school property. What can we do? Do we have any rights? I do have all my documentation of dates of occurrences as well the most recent ones. Please help

|

The best possible thing that you can do is to continue to support your daughter.  Let her know that you will be there for her no matter what she is going through.  As a family, you have taken a strong stand against bullying, this is to be applauded.  Taking the time to drive your daughter to her new school, somewhere she feels safe and secure is a good investment of your time.  Continue to communicate with your daughter, her new school and its staff so you can provide the best support and learning enviroment for your daughter.
- Sara, Counselor
0
0

sebastyanjohn
sebastyanjohn writes:
Kids bully for many reasons. Some bully because they feel insecure. Picking on someone who seems emotionally or physically weaker provides a feeling of being more important, popular, or in control. In other cases, kids bully because they simply don't know that it's unacceptable to pick on kids who are different because of size, looks, race, or religion.

0
0
- Sara, Counselor

0
0