Jessica62282
Jessica62282 asks:
Q:

Bullying gone unpunished results in injury. Help!

My daughter is 12 yrs old and has been bullied for months. Two days ago what I warned the school about finally happened. My daughter was seated having lunch was pulled by the hair from behind and beaten! I arrived at the school to no security at the desk wandered the hall for 2-3 minutes no questions asked to find my daughter alone and crying in a chair! I called the police and ambulance the school referred to me as "people like you"! In a nutshell her eye socket is broken and has to see a plastic surgeon! The school district is brushing me off and the police are in the schools pocket! Where can I turn?
In Topics: School and Academics, Outside the classroom, Learning issues and special needs

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

First and foremost, I am so very sorry for the horrible incident that involved your daughter.  With that said, this is a legal and health matter at this point, so we would ask that you consider seeking local resources.

Local domestic violence shelters and other resources for victims of violence may be of assistance for you.  Legal Aid in your area, also may be of assistance.

Again, we wish your daughter and you well and hope that this all turns around.

Here is a website with several resources, including legal included:
http://www.kidshelp.com.au/grownups/getting-help/who-else-can-help/helpful-links/bullying.php

Take care-

Louise Sattler

1
0

Eaglemate
Eaglemate writes:
Jessica,

Schools carry liability insurance, and though perhaps limited to exposure for damages, still would have enough to pursue.

You need an attorney who specializes in municipality and injury law - issues of plastic surgery are high damage cases.  

There are several concerns - no security, no supervision, probably notice of abuse, and a badly injured child.  Contact the best children's advocate in the country, Don Keenan in Atlanta, Georgia.  That guy wrote the book on child safety and he can help you.

1
0
Anonymous