Applenuggets asks:

Can I still go to camp/family trip if I get a Summer job?

Hi, I'm 15, and I've never had a job before. I've been really interested in getting a summer job working at a clothing store in a mall so I can earn some extra cash, but as it is, my summer is kind of busy. I've got one week long camp and another week long family trip directly afterwards, in addition to the driving courses I'm taking three times a week, starting in late July, from 6-8pm.
What should I do? Would I be able to ask for this much time off? How should I go about asking for time off? Do employers (such as Rue 21, or any retail store in a mall) expect teenagers to work the entire summer?
In Topics: Jobs/Careers, Teen issues, Camp and summer enrichment

ronald writes:

You do not know until you ask. If your camp and/or family vacation are near the end of summer, that will be very helpful. If this is the case, then you are seeking a job requesting one week off vs. two. You should also explore working part time. Good luck.