TPersico asks:

Why aren't Catholic Schools PSSA scores posted?

After reviewing a combination of public, private, charter and
catholic schools, I noticed there is no PSSA rating for the catholic schools. Being a parent who would like to make the best choice for my child's education I feel that all scores should be posted.
In Topics: Choosing a school, State education standards

kellysfinn , Parent writes:

Catholic schools are not required to report PSSA scores, only public schools are required to report test results to the PA Dept. of Education under the law.  Therefore, is not able to publish test scores for private schools.

I suggest contacting the Catholic schools you are considering and ask them for more information on student performance. Often private schools will provide you with information that will help in the decision process, such as the school's curriculum, teaching methodology, as well as more quantitative measures like SAT scores, etc.