ConcernedParentNeedsHelp
ConcernedPa... asks:
Q:

What do I do if my child is being bullied and staff are retaliating for me going to school district to report it?

My child has been bullied for years at this school. I have been to the school many times and my concerns were dismissed. The bullying escalated to sexual harassment. My child was followed into the restroom to be stared at when he was trying to use the urinal, constantly called fag, and ridiculed by the whole class including the teacher. I again went to the school and explained to the principal and the vice principal what was happening. I gave them a week to do something about it... nothing was done. The Thursday after my meeting with them my son was threatened with rape and to get his butt kicked after(not in those words). This time i went to the school district and ever since then my son has been targeted not only by the students but by the staff as well. They are now saying my son is a threat to the whole school and he's violent against women. Please i need advice. I don't know what to do anymore. I need to help my son.

|

Nebraska

I'm sorry to hear about your child's experiences at school. I agree with the advice that you need to be documenting these incidents. I would then consult with an attorney to see what your options might be.

0
0

I'm very sorry to hear that your son is experiencing bullying at school, and that you feel the school is not adequately responding to your concerns. Here are some resources that Education.com offers to help parents (and schools) effectively address bullying: http://www.education.com/topic/school-bullying-teasing/

You mentioned that you talked to the school district about the issues at the school. Did you discuss transferring your son to another school within the district (or see if there's an option to transfer into another local school district instead)? Alternatively, you might consider online school. SchoolFinder has information about other local schools (as well as online school options): http://www.education.com/schoolfinder

If you haven't already done so: I suggest documenting in writing the issues that your son (and you) have been having, and requesting that the school and district work with you and your son to bring the threats and bullying to an end as soon as possible. Here are some tips for building positive relationships with educators and school administrators: http://www.education.com/topic/parent-teacher-relationship/

You could also discuss your concerns with a school counselor, family therapist or your son's doctor. A licensed mental health professional can help explore the accusation that your son is a violent threat, as well as help support him (and you) with the emotional impact of the situation your family is experiencing.

I wish you the very best in advocating for your son's safety at school, and hope the resources I've shared above are helpful to you. Thank you for visiting JustAsk, and asking this important question on behalf of your son.

0
0
PLorena
PLorena writes:
I would take the threats and the fact that your son is not being protected seriously. (If he were raped, the consequences would be lifelong.) I would pull him out of that threatening environment and homeschool him, at least until I could come up with something better.

If you would like information on homeschooling, please [message me]. If you are working and have family support, you can work while homeschooling; there are many families who do. I, myself, am a working, homeschooling mother.

1
0
BBLMBBLM
BBLMBBLM writes:
I had a similar situation.  I finally got a lawyer.

0
0
disgustedparent
disgustedpa... writes:
Its so sad that your son has been made a target by the very people we are forced by law to entrust them to but I understand your anguish because my child has been made a target as well by her teacher.
Our teacher retaliated because my child informed me that the teacher had denied her bathroom access which led to an accident.
When I approached the principal, (with whom I'd had prior conflict for the same reason) I was immediately given attitude and the teachers actions were defended as opposed to my child being protected.
I couldn't believe the insults to my intelligence in his ludicrous attempts to validate the teachers actions and behaviors.
I am meeting with them tomorrow to inform of a formal complaint and am fully prepared to be disappointed by this system once I have exhausted the many steps in the chain of command that I must first follow in hopes of having this teacher removed from her position as "educator" to ANY child, as she has violated a very sacred law in her retaliation against mine.
Once I am satisfied that the administration has no intent but to protect its own, I have fully prepared to take our case to persons that I am confident will help me in our quest for justice in this very troubling situation.
I advise you follow lead.

Good luck.

2
0
AlternativeEducationAtHome
Alternative... writes:
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's situation. Knowing your child is bullied at school is horrible leaving you feeling so helpless as a mom. It sounds like you've taken the right steps letting school officials know but it appears that hasn't helped when things have actually gotten worse for your son. Have you ever thought about other education options such as online learning, virtual schools or even homeschooling?  You have more options than you might realize. I have a free 5 part video series on "Your Child's Education Options" that may help you.  Check out the website www.alternativeeducationathome.com for more info.  Please contact me if you'd like more information and know that I'm here to help in any way I can.  Email:  info@alternativeeducationathome.com - Marissa

0
0
Torry74
Torry74 writes:
I am so sorry that you and your son are going through this. I czn understand because I am targeted too at my community including at the schools where my children went and goes. Even police and people who should be the protector joins in harassing and bullying dying to get me in trouble so they could justify their false accusations against to get in trouble though they know I am innocent. But I stay strong. So, my advise to you is to stay mentally and emotionally strong for you and your son, by not giving up asking for help.
There are many corrupt and wicked people nowadays, but there are also good ones still. Continue to speak to your son, check his phones, social media connection, backpack and his behavior and often spend time and talk to him.
Do not be quiet about this. Don't just speak with the principal verbally, email her and Cc some of your friends ) who will give you permission to) as well as other staff. Express your concern, attached any documents from school regarding how bullying is not tolerated, and there are laws about it.
Inform them that if they do not stop, you will file a law suit on the school. Or continue with this, and if you can transfer your son else where...
I will pray for you and your son.
Much love,
Victoria
A caring parent like you..

0
0