RekhaSharma
RekhaSharma asks:
Q:

If a child fails in preschool, then why does people torture her?

my best student was first at all tasks but i was surprised to see that her sister failed in preschool and also in  kindergarden.Her teachers always mentioned her name in the meeting time.Example="[Annie] failed in grammer,maths and even arts which she loves more then any subject""[Rachel],[Suzie],[Mandy] oh all i must say, there sure is a problem with this girl""Oh no don't mention it even her sister [Katie] sure was the best student in the whole school."Always i hear all this and everyone tortures [Annie]. WHY?
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s), Preschool

|

Hi, Are you asking why your colleagues (teachers at a school) seem too focused on Annie's academic failings and how she is different than her academically successful sister?

If so, perhaps you should have a discussion with the teachers and the school administrator (principal? school director?) about your concerns. At that group meeting, come prepared to discuss solutions to help Annie improve in her studies, including involving her parents and other education and child development professionals as needed (such as learning disability specialists, school/child psychologists and her pediatrician). I would also suggest that you discuss the effect you think their words or behavior may be having on Annie, as well as how it impacts their ability to teach effectively if they are only focused on what she does wrong and don't offer her positive encouragement.

If this is not what you meant with your question, please click the "add to my question" link to add more information, so that members of the JustAsk community can respond accordingly. For instance, what do you mean by "torture"? You mentioned that "people" were saying things in meetings: which people, and are they also saying these things directly to the children?  

In the meantime, I'm including below some resources you may find relevant and helpful. Thanks for asking!

0
0
Anonymous