helpmeandmyhusband
helpmeandmy... asks:
Q:

What do I say when my child says all her friends smoke pot and she is thinking about trying it.

I am very thankful that she is coming to us first.  I have already told her about the dangers of smoking pot. What do I say? I don't want to mess this up. She told us she knows it is wrong and she is confused about what to do.
In Topics: Teen issues

|
greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
How old is she? I'm assuming a teen. I have teenage sons myself. At any rate, don't lie to her. There is too much evidence that pot is not as harmful as alcohol, at least when used in excess. However the truth is that teen brains are still biological works in progress and smoking pot or doing any recreational drugs, can effect that development. I'd advise her for her own good to wait until her brain stops growing - tell her she needs to provide a healthy environment for her neurons to get in the right place. Good luck.

0
0
Meheki
Meheki , Student writes:
tell her how harmful it is and how many people get cancer and die just by smoking

1
0
sam23461
sam23461 writes:
Don't

0
0