yazmine
yazmine asks:
Q:

My child Have Hypoglycemia ,goes to the doctor 4 times Durant school  so know her teacher give low scores ,Is these legal?

In Topics: School and Academics, Physical Health, Learning disabilities

|

Great advice.  Speak also to your pediatrician.  No child should be that bothered by hypoglycemia that it affects work. Meal plans and school cooperation through teacher and school nurse's office should solve the problem.

Best Wishes.

0
0

Hi Yazmine,

If I understand your question correctly, your concerned about the fact that your daughter is getting poor grades in school while she's focusing a lot of time on managing her medical condition.  Right?

I think before you focus on the legality of the situation, you should make an appointment to have a conversation with your daughter's teacher.  Make sure she understands exactly what your daughter is going through right now with her Hypoglycemia.  Then work out a plan with the teacher about how you can work together to help your daughter stay as caught up as possible in light of her medical appointments, etc.  

If you feel like the teacher is responding unreasonably to your daughter and her situation, ask to meet with the principal to discuss the school's policy.  

Good luck - I imagine this is a really tough situation for both you and your daughter.

1
0
Anonymous