GriseldaC2106
GriseldaC2106 asks:
Q:

Could my child have a learn disability in math

My 6 year old is having difficulty grasping some math concepts lately.  She has difficulty with understanding which digit is greater or less than, like with 67 and 42.  She also has difficulty understanding tens and ones in place value and what number comes next in the hundreds chart.  Are these common difficulties in 1st grade or should I be more concerned?
In Topics: Learning disabilities

|

It would seem that the classroom teacher would be the best judge to see how your daughter is doing in comparison to her age mates and those in her grade. (Keeping in mind that a 1st grade class could potentially have 5 , 6 or 7 year olds!)

Ordinarily, I would not be concerned at this point, especially if she is making overall progress.  But, keeping an eye on her progress would be key.  Again, if you are concerned, please consider consulting with school staff.

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
Some people are better in math than others, some people learn math faster than others. What's also true is that 1st grade math has gotten a fair bit harder over the years.
I wouldn't be concerned but I'd try to help her or try to find some extra tutoring for her.
I'm bad at math - and I have been all my life. I couldn't go to graduate school in math but that I'm bad in math hasn't really had a bad impact on my life.

0
0