AutumnWaring
AutumnWaring asks:
Q:

Can my children's school pursue any legal action?

My ex husband and I lived in the same town for quite a while then I started seeing someone. I moved in with him but he lives about 15 minutes away, which happens to be in a different state. My ex husband had no problem with this and we both agreed that we'd keep the kids in the same school. He lives in the school district and I worked in the same area. I didn't think it was a big deal but the school found out and told me that if it was the same state but a different town, it wouldn't be a big deal but since it was in a different state, that's when it becomes a problems. They wanted to know how often I had the kids versus their dad and said that if he had them more, it's not really an issue but if I had them more, "other options would need to be looked at". My ex husband and I have split custody of our kids, but unfortunately, I have them overnight during the week due to his work schedule, so we no longer have them exactly 50/50. Can the school really do anything about this?  After all, their dad still lives in the district and I would think that as long as they're still getting to and from school, it shouldn't be that big a deal.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My Relationship with my child's school

|