bsonnydaze
bsonnydaze asks:
Q:

The children are sick all the time in our classroom. How do I safeguard against so many running noses?

Is there something I can do to safeguard against my getting sick, other than the hand sanitizers and hands washing?
In Topics: School and Academics, Physical Health

|
prekpages
prekpages writes:
I was sick all the time when I first started teaching, however I learned a few tricks over the years and now I hardly get sick at all.  I have compiled all the tips for staying healthy at the link enclosed.

1
0
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
What Teachers Need to Know About Swine Flu in the Classroom: here are 10 ways that teachers can ready classrooms and students for illness. Hope you find it helpful!

2
0
darinh96
darinh96 writes:
The flu season is always stressful upon any district. Not only are students affected but teachers and staff can be at risk as well.  During this time, many districts will restructure custodial duties to address these concerns during this time.  More focus on cleaning such items as door knobs, student desks, water fountains, push-bars, sinks, etc., will be a top priority over sweeping the floors.  I would ask the administrator at the school if extra cleaning in these areas are taking place.  While I realize a clean floor is necessary, these areas discussed are high contact areas and can spread germs more quickly than dirt on the floor.

2
0