Anonymous
Q:

How can I choose my own path rather than be forced to conform to my parents rules?

In high school, I have achieved almost everything that I have wanted and tried. However, there is an immense amount of pressure from my parents and I do not know how to tell them that I need to make the decisions that are right for me. They lived in a completely different time and do not understand the amount of stress that I am under. The countless panic attacks, the fear, the nervousness and instability, are all results of the pressure from them. I do not want to reapply to NHS, certain clubs, and teams. I have already been exposed to the pompous, arrogant, and subjective attitudes of those in charged of NHS and coaches. The pressure form my parents to join NHS before graduation is actually killing me. I don't understand how one single society is going to completely ruin my chances of getting into college. What do I tell my parents?
In Topics: School and Academics, Teen issues, Getting ready for college

|

If you have participated in these clubs and activities in the past and have not enjoyed them then you need to let your parents know. Be honest with your parents that you did not enjoy the experiences these clubs offered you.

Explain to them that you feel like you will have a more successful school year by not feeling the pressures of all of these clubs.

Since your parents are worried how not being involved with NHS will effect your chances of college scholarship it may helpful if you set up an meeting with an educational planning center. This is an agency that can help you with scholarships and the application process.

A.
1-800-448-3000
1
0

dakshina.
dakshina. , Student writes:
go and talk to your parents nicely try to make them understand what you are good at and what you would want to be in your life? i am sure they will understand u

0
0
Anonymous