Lcshare
Lcshare asks:
Q:

One of my closest friends daughters is bullying/being mean to her what advice should I give my daughter?

My 13 year old daughter was at a party/get together last night where her friend told her to shutup several times and told her to get out of the pool. The other girls all saw what was going on but nobody said anything. The girl hosting the party did call her when she got home to make sure she was ok. This is one of my closest friends daughters and we moved two years ago into the area. I dont think I should call my friend because I dont think she would be receptive and might even be defensive, but I want to tell my daughter how she should handle the situation. She is very hurt and cant understand why she is treating her this way, we have been family friends since she's born. They have another party tonight and my gut feeling is to tell her to ignore her. Please give me your expert advice. Girls can be so mean and my daughter is just not cut from that mold, she would never do anything to hurt someone in that way in public. Thanks
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|

kwit2219
kwit2219 writes:
Teach your daughter to defend herself with words and tone that will have a lasting affect on the bully.  Most bullying is a cry out for acceptance by the bully, but sometimes it is because the bully wants to respect the victim.  However, the bully feels his/her respect needs to be earned by victim.  Accept the fact that just because you get along with the parents doesn't mean your kids will get along too.  They have their own personalities and need to learn the real world doesn't have everyone holding hands and singing in harmony.

0
0