akoyvonia asks:

College  funding

Hello my name is Nessa and I am having a hard time paying for college. I have used all of my financial aid and I don't have a cosigner for a private loan. I an suppose to graduate in December but because of my financial situation I have been locked out of my classes. Is there anything I could do to pay past due balance? I'm taking classes online through Kaplan and it's so hard to find help for online colleges. Thanks
In Topics: Financial planning for college

richy00987 writes:
Numerous academic research studies since 1988 have consistently fund that receiving financial aid helps prevent undergrads of all incomes from dropping out of community and four-year colleges. A 2011 study showed students who submit a FAFSA have a 72% greater chance of staying in college than their peers who do not file the aid form. Too few students are not aware of the FAFSA or where to get help with completing it. A federal regulation offers students two options for preparing a FAFSA - either complete it for free on the U.S. Department of Education's website, or get professional assistance from a FAFSA preparer who, like an income tax preparer, charges a fee for the service. Many organizations that provide FAFSA assistance each year are listed at as Free FAFSA Assistance Services.