chumms
chumms asks:
Q:

Has there been any complaints regarding a history teacher/coach at J F Kennedy High School?

In Topics: Choosing a school, My Relationship with my child's school

|

I suggest contacting the school principal and/or the district to inquire about any previous complaints that have been filed against a particular teacher/coach, and to discuss any current concerns you may have (talking to the teacher/coach first about your concerns is also recommended). You may use SchoolFinder to research the school and district's phone number: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder SchoolFinder also includes community reviews of schools.

Below is an additional resource you may also find helpful. Thanks for asking.

0
0
chumms
chumms writes:
Thank you for the information in regards to how to try and handle a problem or incident in the best manner. Unfortunately I did go to the teacher and the teacher was not interested in meeting with me, the teacher also told my daughter she could come before school, lunch time or after school but she would have to catch him and unfortunately she went 2 days in a row at all the above times and he was never available, I went to the vice principal and he tried helping to some degree, but when it really came down to the end, the ball was dropped and I had to get upset with the way things were being handled and write a e-mail stating that enough was enough and I wasn't going to put my student through this anymore and that we had had enough and then it got handled a bit more seriously, but not until I demanded a meeting with the teacher, vice principal and principal did anything even remotely get started. It finally came down to where the teacher was told to call me and set up a meeting to meet with me and the student by the vice principal, which he did contact me but very hostile towards me and told me he didn't see why we had to meet and just got very angry because I insisted I wanted to meet to go over my students work with him to better understand, and try to be able to help her more, and then he hung up on me and was very rude. I called the principal and the principal ended up having a meeting with myself, the student, the teacher and the principal himself and the teacher walked in with an attitude threw the student file on the table and had a complete attitude through the whole meeting, I called him on what he had done to me on the phone and the principal stopped me and said we will handle this later, which we did and he told me that he couldn't tell me what discipline if any was going to happen to the teacher but I would have something in writing within 20 days regarding the meeting and now its been one whole quarter and I have had to make follow up calls to the principal asking where the letter is and to this day now that we are in the 4th quarter I still do not have anything. This right here tells me that the principal never did anything with the teacher, and probably thought that I would just forget or not follow up on this situation and has been handled completely wrong. To me this shows why the teacher acts the way he does to his students and there parents, there are far to many good quality teachers out there that are unemployed to be putting up with this kind of behavior, and the man thinks he's invincible because he is a ten yearer, and obviously our school is ok with it to. So I now will go to the district and take matters to the fullest, but I was a parent that was involved with my student from the get go and complained about the teachers uncalled for remarks and harrassment and was assured that they would keep an eye on it but the system failed and the promises weren't kept and the only person that got the short end of the stick was the student. This is a very big concern of mine, and I know for a fact this teacher has had complaints and nothing has been done and unfortunately the students are the ones that suffer.

0
0