Abhishek1993
Abhishek1993 asks:
Q:

Confused about my future.

M 20, studying mechanical engg., currently year down for 2nd consecutive year. I was supposed to be in third year but still m trying to clear 1st year subjects. M really confused about my future. M parents opinions is that I should continue engg. Despite of the fact that I got hit twice n this is probably my third year in the same year. I am equally confused n have no idea where my future is going. People of my age have already figured out wat they want from life, unlike me. Wen I think abt it I only see a dark path heading no where. Hoping to get some valuable suggestions. Thank you.
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|

We are really glad that you decided to reach out about this.  College can be so difficult and your feelings of being lost are pretty common with others your age.  We would suggest that you talk with your academic counselor about what you need to do with the college credits you have already in your transcript.  If mechanical engineering is something that you are passionate about, keep moving forward with that degree.  If you don't think you have an interest in it, talk with the advisor about taking an aptitude test to see where your strengths are in relation to your skills.  They can advise you to move in a certain direction.  

If you feel you need to talk with someone about how this is making you feel, most colleges have a counseling department where a student can talk with someone for free.  It might help ease the anxiety about school and parent's expectations.  

Our counselors are available 24/7 if you feel you would like to talk about this further.

Please reach out.

Take care,
1-800-448-3000
0
0